From Recipe Box
This was created by Reba K. and is the best beer bread in the universe.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 2/3 cups wheat (or rye) flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 16 oz beer
- water (if needed)
- Herbs (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add beer in SLOWLY (it will foam) and mix until combined. If its still dry you can add a bit of water as needed.
- Spray (or butter) a loaf pan and coat it with wheat flour
- Bake for 35 minutes at 375F
- Melt some butter and add in some additional herbs. Drizzle this over the top of the bread
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes (Until a toothpick comes out clean)
- This is a very dense bread because there is no rising involved. Its very good for dipping in stews
- The butter drizzle is optional. You can also leave it off and bake for ~45m instead.