From Recipe Box
- 1 tsp olive oil (40 cal)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (46 cal)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (45 cal)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided (268 cal)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (extra lean, raw) (2,259 cal)
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20) (240 cal)
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard (10 cal)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (4 cal)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs (150 cal)
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.
- Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Total Calories: 3062
- Total Calories per Muffin (12): 255