From Recipe Box
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 5oz cans evaporated milk (1 1/3 cups total)
- 1 cup butter
- 12oz white chunk chocolate (you can substitute 12oz white *or* semisweet chocolate chips)
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely broken peppermint candies (optional)
- Line a 13x9x2 inch pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan.
- Butter foil and set pan aside
- Butter the sides of a heavy 3 quart saucepan.
- In the saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture boils.
- Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking and stirring 10 minutes
- Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate pieces, mashmallow creme, and peppermint extract.
- Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is combined.
- Beat by hand 1 minute
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies (put through a fine sieve for a neater appearance)
- Score into 1" pieces while warm, then chill in the fridge
- When the fudge is firm use the foil to lift it from the pan & cut into squares.