Pound Cake (Light)
From Recipe Box
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 whole medium egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350F/ 180C.
- In mixing a bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy and lighter in color.
- Add vanilla, egg, milk, and egg white to butter mixture. Beat 2 minutes on high speed.
- Add flour mixture. Beat on lowest speed, no more than 10 seconds.
- Pour cake batter into 8"x4.5" nonstick or lightly greased and floured baking pan.
- Place on one rack above middle in the oven. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool on cooling rack.
- Add berries and whipped cream for a tasty cake!